Introduction to Chasidic Thought
This ten-part series is a perfect introduction to the basic principles of Chasidic thought. Based upon a little known text, titled "The Ten Principles of the Baal Shem Tov," it covers the main innovations of the Chasidic movement.
Each lesson contains two types of material: sources for the Rabbi or teacher to study in preparation for the class - in order to get a better grasp of the topic he will be presenting - and printable handouts to be used in group study.
- How we think of God: Immanence versus Transcendence. (Sample)
- The nature and exile of the Shechina, and the interiorization of classic Jewish concepts.
- The nature of the Evil Inclination, and how to learn from it.
- Relating to evil.
- The Power of Prayer and Holy Speech.
- Providence and Hashgacha Pratis: general or particular.
- Love and Fear of God, and how to do teshuva.
- The Torah in the ark, and the Torah in the soul.
- Praying for the Shechina.
- More on Divine Providence.